Kentucky Conference Media Library
The Kentucky Conference Media Library loans videos to library member churches. We offer membership to all United Methodist churches in the Kentucky Annual Conference for an annual fee based on church membership. Once the church has paid its membership fee, the only cost to your church is for return shipping. For more information about library membership, click here.
The library features hundreds of resources, primarily DVDs and VHS videos, and offers materials for adults, youth, and children. Subjects include Bible study, faith development, missions, the United Methodist Church, and the family. You may wish to use these resources for Sunday school classes, small groups, confirmation classes, Wednesday evening programs, or special events.
Browse the catalog (includes descriptions).
Catalog Descriptions A-C
Catalog Descriptions D-H
Catalog Descriptions I-K
Catalog Descriptions L-Q
Catalog Descriptions R-Z
View a list of resources by subject.
View a list of resources by author or featured presenter.
To borrow a video from the library:
- Reserve the materials as far in advance as possible, at least two weeks before the first date you will need them.
- Contact the Media Library by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (502-425-3884).
- Include in your communications the name and number of the video, your church’s name, and the dates you will need the resources.
NOTE: Your church must be a Media Library member to borrow resources. For more information about becoming a library member, click here.
Tips for Using Your Media Library
1. UPS is the carrier we use for our library, and anyone in the state should be able to receive videos in 1-2 days. We must have a street or road address on your membership form. UPS will not deliver to a Post Office box.
2. Reserve materials as far in advance as possible to ensure availability; please place your order at least two weeks in advance. Also, please let us know the date you plan to begin using the materials. Seasonal videos, especially Advent/Christmas and Lent/Easter, are very popular and should be scheduled as early as possible.
If the item you request is not available at the time you contact the library, we can place it on reserve for a later date after it is returned.
3. Please be sensitive to the needs of others, and return the videos as soon as you are finished with them. Please do not pass them on to another group or class since we may have other members who might need them. Be sure all printed and other related materials are enclosed for return with the videos.
If additional time is needed, a request for an extension should be made.
4. Many video kits include a single copy of the participant book for your reference. You may need to purchase from the publisher or a bookstore additional copies of the book for people taking part in the study.